- Urgent Take into account alpha channel. Required for png's with variable transparency levels.
- Allow configurable error diffusion dithering.
- Include Stevenson Arce dithering.
v 3.9.4 1-May-2015
- Fixed issue in plug-in activation.
v 3.9.3 30-Mar-2015
- Fixed potential issue in plug-in start.
v 3.9.2 26-Mar-2015
- Fixed "final eol required" bug in PAL palette loading.
v 3.9.1 25-Mar-2015
- Mac- Fixed bug in custom palette dialog
- Mac- Fixed bug in PAL palette format
v 3.9.0 18-Feb-2015
- Win- Added support for high DPI monitors on DPI-aware hosts (like Photoshop)
- Fixed "not enough memory" bug when processing very large images
- Win- Fixed crash when calling different Ximagic plug-ins in the same host session
- Updated compilers and external libraries
- Mac- Minimum OS X version is now 10.7 (Lion)
v 3.8.0 22-Mar-2013
- Added show/save palette window
- Added "calculate from selected and apply to all" in the calculated palettes
- Updated all the external libraries
v 3.7.3 04-Nov-2012
- Fixed bug in new version check. Versions 3.7.0 to 3.7.2 doesn't show new version notifications
v 3.7.2 01-Nov-2012
v 3.7.1 31-Oct-2012
- Mac- Fixed bug in UI code
v 3.7.0 30-Oct-2012
- Changed licence to shareware
- Decreased communication with server
- SQ- Patched to allow quicker cancellation
- Win- patched UI code
- Patch problem in images with size > 30.000
v 3.6.5 03-Sep-2012
- Fixed bug in multi-thread control.
- Win- Avoid crashes when there are unexpected exceptions in UI code.
v 3.6.4 13-Aug-2012
- Win- Fixed GDI leak. The plgug-ins could crash if used more than 50 times (more or less) in the same host session
- Win- Fixed bug in progress window. The plug-in could freeze if the progress window is moved when the calculation finish.
- Win- Fixed modal behavoir. Fix some problems in PSPI.
- Changes in log
v 3.6.3 29-Jul-2012
- Log size decreased
- Win- Close gracefully when there are GDI errors.
- Win- Remove some log sends.
v 3.6.2 26-Jul-2012
- Bug fixes.
- Changes to the log.
- Changes to the SystemInfo.
v 3.6.1 18-Jul-2012
- Fix for PS 5 and PixBuilder
v 3.6.0 17-Jul-2012
- Added embedded ICC profile support.
- Data added to System Information
- Log changes
- Win- Fixed crash when sending log before About window
- Win- Fixed potential freeze due to focus issue.
- Win- Fixed bug when closing with ALT+F4 or CRTL-Int
- Win- Changes in SystemInfo window
- Win- Internal loop changes.
- Mac- Fixed warning "unexpected condition preview 2"
v 3.5.5 24-Jun-2012
- Internal change which reduces calculation times, amount varies for each plugin/method and image size
- Updated threading library.
- Somes fixes in System Info (time & address win).
- Win - Fixed bug in progress control with could crash the plug-in.
- Win - Tested with PixBuilder.
v 3.5.4 08-Jun-2012
- Win- Saved previews bugs. Doesn't update when using up or down keys. Doesn't scroll when selected line is not visible.
- Mac- Saved previews bug. Doesn't scroll when selected line is not visible.
- Win- Log two exceptions not included in log.
v 3.5.3 05-Jun-2012
- System info - Fixed modality, removed ocl and free memory when not reported.
v 3.5.2 01-Jun-2012
- Fixed bug which could freeze of plug-in host after a "not enough memory" message.
- Fixed bug which could crash plug-in when sending log.
- Win- Added option to copy log to clipboard before sending it.
- Win- Recovered OK button in About window.
- Win- Buttons on some dialogs changed to display english text instead of local.
v 3.5.1 29-May-2012
- Fixed bug in new memory management
v 3.5.0 29-May-2012
- Changed memory management to be able to use host and os memory.
- Added post log submit when not enough memory
v 3.4.3 21-May-2012
- Custom palette - Changed load window to explicitly select palette type and fixed two bugs.
v 3.4.2 12-May-2012
- Win- Modify log to take into account simultaneous execution in several processes.
- Mac- Solved freeze when the application becomes non-active during processing.
- Mac- Tentative solution for crash when opening the plug-in.
v 3.4.1 06-May-2012
- Fixed old bug in SColorQ algorithm, which crash the plug-in.
v 3.4.0 05-May-2012
- Added System info button, to be used for user support
- Leak hunting. Several memory leaks found and solved
- Mac - Deep internal rework
v 3.3.1 12-Apr-2012
- Guard against comm related errors.
v 3.3.0 11-Apr-2012
- Added custom palettes. Supported pal (PaintShopPro) and act (Photoshop)
- Added progress/cancel support to Riemersma.
- Added post log submit if something goes wrong.
- Patch- RGB fixed palettes and calculated Uniform RGB are wrongly applied when the work colorspace is not RGB
- Win- Patch- Avoid dialog box without parent.
v 3.2.3 26-Mar-2012
- Patch - Crash or freeze when used with processors without SSE2 support (restored compatiblity, lost on v 3.2.0)
(AMD Athlon/Duron/Sempron or Intel Pentium III)
- Win - Tested on Photo-Brush, Image Explorer Pro, QFX/LE, Digital Darkroom, PhotoFiltre + PhotoshopFilter and Artweaver Plus.
- Win - Patch- Solved crash in PhotoshopFilter (allocation).
- Win - Slightly modified XP UI
v 3.2.2 17-Mar-2012
- Win - Updated compiler. Performance enhancements, particularly in 64 bit
For instance NLM denoise time down 15% on 64
Now the minimum required version of windows is XP SP2
- Win - Added PicMaster and Focus PhotoEditor to the compatibility list
- Win - Patch - Internal UI loop issue.
- Win - Patch - Revised crash guards
- Win - Patch - Tooltip issue.
v 3.2.1 08-Mar-2012
- Win- Patch - Assertion error messages when zooming.
- Win- Patch - Repeated RegisterClass error messages.
- Mac- Updated compiler (3.1)
v 3.2.0 28-Feb-2012
- Win/Mac- Patch- Solved issue with floating selections in Photoshop
- Win/Mac- Multithreading library updated.
- Mac- Huge performance enhancements in some algorithms.
For instance NLM denoise elapsed time down to 50% of previous (32 bit 60% 64 bit 45%)
- Mac- Patch- Solved problems in Mac 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
- Mac- Compiler changed.
- Mac- Minimum OS X version is now 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Win- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
- Win- Added internal CUDA test.
- Win- Solved crashes (reported by users)
v 3.1.0 28-Apr-2011
- Added smart filter support (CS3/CS4/CS5)
- Win- Patch- Editing numeric text field doesn't update associated updown control
- Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, using OK or Cancel, detected on several editors (PS CS5, GIMP, ...)
v 3.0.2 19-Apr-2011
- Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, if a progress bar appears after hitting OK. (detected on PS CS3 + XP)
- Win- Patch- Disable plug-in window when opening a child window (f.i. progress bar)
- Win- Patch- Disable double click on title bar
- Win- Patch- Catch plug-in errors and avoid host crash whenever possible
v 3.0.1 11-Apr-2011
- Win- Use XP style for UI even if the plug-in host don't use it (f.i. GIMP)
- Win- Patch - Error in preview paint which could crash the plug-in
- Win- Tested with new hosts Paint.NET, NiGulp, RealWorld Paint.COM, ImageN.
- Win- Patch - Plug-ins without product version crash(f.i. Magix Photo Designer)
- Win- Patch - Workaround for bug in Magix PhotoDesigner when used with a selection mask
- Mac- Patch - Page scroll don't work as expected where smooth scroll is active
v 3.0.0 29-Mar-2011
- New UI design
- Added automatic saved previews
- Added 64 bit support for Mac
- Removed threshold dithering. The threshold dithering will be in a separated Color Dither plug-in.
v 2.14.11 02-Dec-2010
- Patch - Process escape key
- Patch - Wrong CIELab paint background.
- Patch - Crash loading user threshold when pattern file is wrong or greater than 512*512.
- Patch (Mac) - User threshold loading bug.
- Optimized preview paint
v 2.14.10 16-Nov-2010
- Patch - UI mistake in Load dialog.
- Patch - UI bug in td levels.
- Added color count result (RMSE calculation check).
v 2.14.9 16-Nov-2010
- Patch - bug in partial preview
- Tested with PhotoFiltre Studio X, Helicon Filter
v 2.14.8 15-Nov-2010
- Patch - progress dialog could crash plug-in
v 2.14.7 15-Nov-2010
- Patch - Plugin could crash at start due to win32 api problem
- Patch - Image paint reworked to avoid flicker
- Changed default, added error dither with Riemersma
v 2.14.6 08-Nov-2010
- Patch - Cancel button don't work in progress window
- Patch - Avoid jumps when scrolling previews.
v 2.14.5 02-Nov-2010 (uploaded 06-Nov-2010)
- Patch - bug in spin controls (win32)
- Patch - bug in image repaint (win32)
- Reduced image repaint times
v 2.14.4 25-Oct-2010
- Patch - Crash checking version - replaced network library.
- Patch - RMSE check don't work.
v 2.14.3 21-Sep-2010
- Patch - Progress bar bug (windows).
- Patch - Dialog not centered (windows).
- Patch - OK Button recalculate even it is not needed
v 2.14.2 07-Sep-2010
- Patch - restored Windows 98 compatibility.
v 2.14.1 04-Sep-2010
- Patch - restored Windows 2000 compatibility.
- Patch - modified Mac version check
v 2.14.0 27-Jul-2010
- First Mac OS X version
- Added automatic new version check
v 2.13.0 28-May-2010
- Enable processing of Lab images (8/16 bits).
- Added Lab mode for RGB images.
- Added input colorspace to UI.
v 2.12.4 26-May-2010
v 2.12.3 24-May-2010
- Added warning message to octree with less than 8 colors
- Internal work
v 2.12.2 14-Apr-2010
- Patch - return to compatibility with windows 2K (from v 2.12.0)
- Patch - 64 bit version loading problems on Photoshop CS4 64 (from v 2.12.0)
v 2.12.1 03-Mar-2010
v 2.12.0 02-Mar-2010
- Added version for 64-bit plugin hosts (Photoshop CS4-64 and compatibles).
v 2.11.0 10-Feb-2010
- Suppressed msi and exe installers.
v 2.11.0 02-Feb-2010
- Added support for 16 bit per channel images (preview still 8 bits)
- Selection mask applied in preview
v 2.10.4 25-Jan-2010
- Patch - Right align of numbers
- Patch - Reading inexistent parameters from xml don't get default value.
v 2.10.3 25-Jan-2010
- Added tooltips to some fields
- Added support for Chasys Draw
- Changed calculated threshold back to spin.
- Some guards against buggy hosts (hostsProcs, copy alpha, copy on cancel, displayPixels)
v 2.10.2 23-Jan-2010
- Added support for Vicman Photo Editor
- Patch - Textual editing don't reset preview
- Patch - Combo calculated threshold W and H very short in w2K style
v 2.10.1 22-Jan-2010
- Disable user threshold radio/delete/choice when there are not user thresholds.
- Patch - Allow textual input in zoom
v 2.10.0 22-Jan-2010
- Enabled textual input of values.
- Patch - Tab order corrected.
- Patch - Changed configuration directory to standard place CSIDL_APPDATA. (stored parameters/user thresholds will be lost).
- Patch - Removed close button in title bar of load threshold window.
- Patch - Threshold load should not be included in history.
- Patch - Removed userenv.dll and version.dll dependencies.
v 2.9.0 13-Jan-2010
- Parameter storage moved from windows registry to xml file. (stored parameters/user thresholds will be lost)
- Added compatibility with windows 95/98/ME.
- Patch - Added compatibility with Fireworks 2004 MX (with issue: always recalculate when OK pressed).
- Patch - Added compatibility with Xara X1.
- Added validation when reading stored/script parameters.
v 2.8.1 07-Jan-2010
- Patch - Don't apply quantization and error dithering where palette is not fixed and requested colors <= existing colors
(Some methods give wrong results or crash when requested colors <= existing colors)
- Patch - K-Means could crash when existing colors < 499
- Patch - Progress dialog should not be resizable
v 2.8.0 05-Jan-2010
- Added support for Photoshop actions and batch operations
- Corrected bug in progress display
v 2.7.2 14-Dec-2009
- GIMP patch - failures when using selection masks.
- Preview Patch - Images smaller than preview window fails when using zoom
v 2.7.1 28-Aug-2009
- Solved bug in spin controls with editable buddy
v 2.7.0 26-Aug-2009
- Added preview zoom
- Solved bug in spin controls (wrong value after arrow change)
- Solved bug in reset parameters (in scroll bars)
v 2.6.4 15-Aug-2009
- Solved 2 bugs in calculated thresholds.
v 2.6.3 31-Jul-2009
- Added confirm dialog to user defined threshold delete.
- Solved bug in user defined threshold.
v 2.6.2 30-Jul-2009
- Solved crash in NeuQuant when image has too few pixels.
- Solved bug in delete of user defined dithers (don't delete).
- Synchronized preview with scrollbars.
- Changed predefined ordered dither names.
v 2.6.1 10-Jul-2009
- Internal progress bars change.
- Changed version numbering
v 2.60 09-Jul-2009
- Added cancel/progress dialog.
- Avoided recalculation on OK when preview is valid.
- Show RMSE on preview.
- Memory management changes.
- Performance enhancements in Binary Split (time -75%) and K-Means (time -90%).
- Change in NeuQuant. Now gives better results when colors are not 256.
- Small improvements in results (measured with RMSE).
v 2.50 25-Jun-2009
- Preparing for MP version
- Changed installation method
v 2.45 10-Jun-2009
- Memory management patches
- Testing with PhotoPerfect/FixFoto 2.92
v 2.44 05-Jun-2009
- Change to make it work with Photobie
v 2.43 04-Jun-2009
v 2.42 04-Jun-2009
- UI Clean preview when configuration changes.
- UI Disable Threshold Dither/Quantizer/Error dither controls according to check buttons.
v 2.41 27-May-2009
- Patches in preview display.
v 2.40 26-May-2009
- Added preview
- Catch memory allocation failures
- Memory and speed enhancements
- Dialog closing delayed to end of processing.
v 2.30 14-May-2009
- New GrayDither plugin
- Removed DBS processing and 1 bit palette
v 2.24 11-May-2009
- Solved gamma/conversion bug in DBS
v 2.23 10-May-2009
- Solved bug in DBS method
- Solved bug in Riemersma method
v 2.22 10-May-2009
v 2.21 10-May-2009
- Added 3 algorithms for Calculated Ordered Dither (experimental)
v 2.20 08-May-2009
- Added Calculated Ordered Dither (experimental)
v 2.13 07-May-2009
- Solved bug in random dithering
v 2.12 06-May-2009
- Maximum user threshold size is 262144 pixels due to windows registry limits
- Solved bug in threshold load from file
v 2.11 06-May-2009
- Some changes in user threshold loading UI
v 2.10 06-May-2009
- Added user threshold load from image
v 2.00 05-May-2009
- Added Configurable Threshold Dithering
- Patched Threshold pattern 'Halftone orthogonal 16x16'
- Patched Threshold pattern 'Threshold'
v 1.90 01-May-2009
- Added random dither
- Added Direct Binary Search (DBS)
v 1.83 30-April-2009
- Changed step in Error diffusion from 10 to 5
- Added ordered dither diagonal 5x5
v 1.82 29-April-2009
- Solved bug in fixed palette quantization, previously it fails when used with YCbCr
v 1.81 29-April-2009
- Added Queue size for Space filling curve dithering
- Solved bug in % error propagation for Riemersma
- Solved bug in masked image processing
v 1.80 29-April-2009
- Added Ulichney dither.
- Added Serpentine scan option.
v 1.71 27-April-2009
- Enhanced Riemersma dither
v 1.70 27-April-2009
- Added fixed palette quantization (including 1 bit)
- Solved bug in Error dither with arrays
v 1.63 23-April-2009
- Patched alpha channels process
v 1.62 23-April-2009
- Corrected valid image modes.
v 1.61 21-April-2009
v 1.60 17-April-2009
- New popularity algorithm implementation, the old one was wrong.
v 1.51 16-April-2009
- Patched combo problem in windows XP
v 1.50 16-April-2009
- Changed ordered dithering and added new options, including halftoning. Added reset parameters button. Added some usage instructions and more result samples.
v 1.42 10-Mar-2009
- Solved registry bug in windows 2000/XP .
v 1.41 10-Mar-2009
- Enabled storing parameters in GIMP.
v 1.40 09-Mar-2009
- Parameters stored in windows registry instead of Photoshop registry.
v 1.31 16-Feb-2009
- File renamed to XiQuantizer.8bf.
v 1.30 09-Feb-2009
- Enhanced SColorQ, reduction 50%-40% runtime
v 1.21 02-Feb-2009
- Change in YCbCr conversion.
v 1.20 02-Feb-2009
- Added colorspace selection.
v 1.10 01-Feb-2009
- Added Spatial Color Quantization.
v 1.01 29-Jan-2009
- Added compatibility with GIMP
v 1.00 03-Nov-2008