- Total Variation denoising
- GPU support
- Ease multi-step work
v 4.9.4 1-May-2015
- Fixed issue in plug-in activation.
v 4.9.3 30-Mar-2015
- Fixed potential issue in plug-in start.
v 4.9.2 23-Feb-2015
- Modified Saved Previews table to enhance visibility.
v 4.9.1 20-Feb-2015
- Win64- Anisotropic diffusion. Workaround for vc++ 2013 compiler bug
v 4.9.0 18-Feb-2015
- Optimization of DCT algorithm (Windows -15% time, OSX -20% time)
- Win- Added support for high DPI monitors on DPI-aware hosts (like Photoshop)
- Fixed "not enough memory" bug when processing very large images
- Win- Fixed crash when calling different Ximagic plug-ins in the same host session
- Updated compilers and external libraries
- Mac- Minimum OS X version is now 10.7 (Lion)
v 4.8.1 08-Dec-2012
- Win- Fixed v 4.8.0 doesn't work on windows XP (due to InitializeCriticalSectionEx).
v 4.8.0 05-Dec-2012
- NLM processing time decreased by 30% to 50% depending on machine characteristics. The decrease is greater (40% to 60%) in the 32 bit OSX version due to a compiler bug which affected previous versions.
- DCT processing time decreased by 30% to 40% depending on machine characteristics.
- Updated all the external libraries
v 4.7.3 04-Nov-2012
- Fixed bug in version check. Versions 4.7.0 to 4.7.2 doesn't show new version notifications.
v 4.7.2 01-Nov-2012
v 4.7.1 31-Oct-2012
- Mac- Fixed bug in UI code
v 4.7.0 30-Oct-2012
- Changed licence to shareware
- Reduced memory usage in NLM enhanced
- Fixed bug in images with size > 30.000
- Changed low memory switch. Now all methods excluding DWT/CWT and Anisotropic works with low memory requirements.
- Decreased communication with server
- Win- patched UI code
v 4.6.5 03-Sep-2012
- Fixed bug in multi-thread control.
- Win- Avoid crashes when there are unexpected exceptions in UI code.
v 4.6.4 13-Aug-2012
- Win- Fixed GDI leak. The plgug-ins could crash if used more than 50 times (more or less) in the same host session
- Win- Fixed bug in progress window. The plug-in could freeze if the progress window is moved when the calculation finish.
- Win- Fixed modal behavoir. Fix some problems in PSPI.
- Changes in log
v 4.6.3 29-Jul-2012
- Log size decreased
- Win- Close gracefully when there are GDI errors.
- Win- Remove some log sends.
v 4.6.2 26-Jul-2012
- Bug fixes.
- Changes to the log.
- Changes to the SystemInfo.
v 4.6.1 18-Jul-2012
- Fix for PS 5 and PixBuilder
v 4.6.0 17-Jul-2012
- Added embedded ICC profile support.
- Partial saved previews automatically positioned.
- Data added to System Information
- Log changes
- Win- Fixed crash when sending log before About window
- Win- Fixed potential freeze due to focus issue.
- Win- Fixed bug when closing with ALT+F4 or CRTL-Int
- Win- Changes in SystemInfo/CheckMemory window
- Win- Internal loop changes.
- Mac- Fixed warning "unexpected condition preview 2"
v 4.5.6 24-Jun-2012
- Internal change which reduces calculation times, amount varies for each plugin/method and image size
- Updated threading library.
- Somes fixes in System Info (time & address win).
- Win - Fixed bug in progress control with could crash the plug-in.
- Win - guarded multiprocessed code against exceptions.
- Win - Tested with PixBuilder.
v 4.5.5 08-Jun-2012
- Fixed performance bug in DCT, 15% increase in processing time.
- Win- Saved previews bugs. Doesn't update when using up or down keys. Doesn't scroll when selected line is not visible.
- Mac- Saved previews bug. Doesn't scroll when selected line is not visible.
- Win- Log two exceptions not included in log.
v 4.5.4 05-Jun-2012
- Fixed two small memory leaks in low memory DWT and CWT
v 4.5.3 05-Jun-2012
- Decreased memory requirement for low memory DWT/CWT around 12%
- Check memory - fixed calculations for DWT/CWT in low memory mode. Added NLM Enhanced. Result can now can be copied.
- Fixed bug in DWT/CWT when 2nd o 3rd channel are not processed.
- System info - Fixed modality, removed ocl and free memory when not reported.
v 4.5.2 01-Jun-2012
- Fixed bug which could freeze of plug-in host after a "not enough memory" message.
- Fixed bug which could crash plug-in when sending log.
- Win- Added option to copy log to clipboard before sending it.
- Win- Recovered OK button in About window.
- Win- Buttons on some dialogs changed to display english text instead of local.
v 4.5.1 29-May-2012
- Fixed bug in new memory management. This bug makes DCT method crash.
v 4.5.0 29-May-2012
- New low memory mode for DWT and CWT decreases 30-40% memory required
- Changed memory management to be able to use host and os memory.
- Added post log submit when not enough memory
v 4.4.1 13-May-2012
- Win- Disabled multithreading in systems without SSE2 support. Speed up processing and solves crash in non SSE machines.
- Win- Modify log to take into account simultaneous execution in several processes.
- Mac- Solved freeze when the application becomes non-active during processing.
- Mac- Tentative solution for crash when opening the plug-in.
- Win/Mac- Changed "low memory mode" default to true. The advantages of large memory mode (processing time 3% smaller at best) doesn't justify the disadvantages (processing time could be very large and could even don't work at all if memory is not enough).
v 4.4.0 05-May-2012
- Added System info button, to be used for user support
- Leak hunting. Several memory leaks found and solved
- Mac - Deep internal rework
v 4.3.1 12-Apr-2012
- Guard against comm related errors.
v 4.3.0 11-Apr-2012
- Added post log submit if something goes wrong.
- Win- Patch- Avoid dialog box without parent.
v 4.2.5 02-Apr-2012
- Win- Patch- Fixed crashes due to UI internals bugs.
v 4.2.4 28-Mar-2012
- Anisotropic - Corrected wrong progress indicator and added cancel support.
v 4.2.3 26-Mar-2012
- Patch - Crash or freeze when used with processors without SSE2 support (restored compatiblity, lost on v 4.2.0)
(AMD Athlon/Duron/Sempron or Intel Pentium III)
- Win - Tested on Photo-Brush, Image Explorer Pro, QFX/LE, Digital Darkroom, PhotoFiltre + PhotoshopFilter and Artweaver Plus.
- Win - Patch- Solved crash in PhotoshopFilter (allocation).
- Win - Slightly modified XP UI
v 4.2.2 17-Mar-2012
- Win - Updated compiler. Performance enhancements, particularly in 64 bit
For instance NLM denoise time down 15% on 64
Now the minimum required version of windows is XP SP2
- Win - Added PicMaster and Focus PhotoEditor to the compatibility list
- Win - Patch - Internal UI loop issue.
- Win - Patch - Revised crash guards
- Win - Patch - Tooltip issue.
v 4.2.1 08-Mar-2012
- Win- Patch - Assertion error messages when zooming.
- Win- Patch - Repeated RegisterClass error messages.
- Mac- Updated compiler (3.1)
v 4.2.0 28-Feb-2012
- Win/Mac- Patch- Solved issue with floating selections in PS
- Win/Mac- Multithreading library updated.
- Mac- Huge performance enhancements in some algorithms.
For instance NLM denoise elapsed time down to 50% of previous (32 bit 60% 64 bit 45%)
- Mac- Patch- Solved problems in Mac 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac- Patch- Wrong output in "show processing time"
- Mac- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
- Mac- Compiler changed.
- Mac- Minimum OS X version is now 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Win- Patch- Crash guards don't work as expected
- Win- Added internal CUDA test.
- Win- Solved crashes (reported by users)
v 4.1.0 28-Apr-2011
- Added smart filter support (CS3/CS4/CS5)
- Win- Patch- Editing numeric text field doesn't update associated updown control
- Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, using OK or Cancel, detected on several editors (PS CS5, GIMP, ...)
v 4.0.2 19-Apr-2011
- Win- Patch- Crash when closing the plug-in, if a progress bar appears after hitting OK. (detected on PS CS3 + XP)
- Win- Patch- Disable plug-in window when opening a child window (f.i. progress bar)
- Win- Patch- Disable double click on title bar
- Win- Patch- Catch plug-in errors and avoid host crash whenever possible
- Mac- Patch- Denoiser crash when using OK with partial preview visible
v 4.0.1 11-Apr-2011
- Win- Use XP style for UI even if the plug-in host don't use it (f.i. GIMP)
- Win- Patch - Error in preview paint which could crash the plug-in
- Win- Tested with new hosts Paint.NET, NiGulp, RealWorld Paint.COM, ImageN.
- Win- Patch - Plug-ins without product version crash(f.i. Magix Photo Designer)
- Win- Patch - Workaround for bug in Magix PhotoDesigner when used with a selection mask
- Mac- Patch - Page scroll don't work as expected where smooth scroll is active
v 4.0.0 29-Mar-2011
- New UI design
- Added automatic saved previews
- Added 64 bit support for Mac
- Added Color Denoise option. Usable for color channel recovery
v 3.2.11 02-Dec-2010
- Patch - Process escape key
- Patch - Crash when using partial preview with image smaller than preview.
- Patch - Wrong CIELab paint background.
- Optimized preview paint
v 3.2.10 16-Nov-2010
- Patch - bug in partial preview
- Tested with PhotoFiltre Studio X, Helicon Filter
v 3.2.9 15-Nov-2010
- Patch - progress dialog could crash plug-in
v 3.2.8 15-Nov-2010
- Patch - Check memory window don't show method name
- Patch - Plugin could crash at start due to win32 api problem
- Patch - Image paint reworked to avoid flicker
- CIELab enabled again after flicker problem resolved
v 3.2.7 08-Nov-2010
- Patch - Cancel button don't work in progress window
- Patch - Avoid jumps when scrolling previews.
- Removed CIELab mode for RGB images.
v 3.2.6 02-Nov-2010
- Patch - bug in spin controls (win32)
- Patch - bug in image repaint (win32)
- Reduced image repaint times
v 3.2.5 25-Oct-2010
- Patch - Crash checking version - replaced network library.
v 3.2.4 21-Sep-2010
- Patch - Progress bar bug (windows).
- Patch - Dialog not centered (windows).
- Moved view processing time check (windows).
v 3.2.3 07-Sep-2010
- Patch - restored Windows 98 compatibility.
v 3.2.2 04-Sep-2010
- Patch - restored Windows 2000 compatibility.
- Patch - modified Mac version check
v 3.2.1 27-Jul-2010
- Reworked Mac user interface
- Modified version check to avoid long wait times
- Internal changes
v 3.2.0 12-Jul-2010
- First Mac OS X version
- Added automatic check for newer versions
- Patch - NLM. The result could be wrong due to uninitialized data.
- Patch - DCT. The result could be wrong due to uninitialized data.
- Changed "Blend outliers only" option to "Preserve noise"
v 3.1.2 15-Jun-2010
- Patch - bug in Lab/Grayscale image mode.
v 3.1.1 31-May-2010
- Patch - Apply to channel 1 must be enabled when processing grayscale.
v 3.1.0 28-May-2010
- Enable processing of Lab images (8/16 bits).
- Added input colorspace to UI
v 3.0.2 26-May-2010
- Enable processing of GrayScale images (8/16 bits).
- Patch - Partial preview crash when using zoom != 1 near bottom/right edges.
v 3.0.1 24-May-2010
- Patch - MP version crash on 32 bits processors without SSE2 (Intel P II or older and all AMD).
- Patch - Window layout
v 3.0.0 24-May-2010
- Added partial preview (Results for Wavelets and Anisotropic are approximate)
- Added SSE support for DCT (processing time down to -30%)
- Added SSE support for NLM (processing time down to -50%)
- Reduced memory requirements
- Added low memory mode
- Added memory check button
- Updated ITK
- Updated TBB
v 2.10.2 14-Apr-2010
- Patch - return to compatibility with windows 2K (from v 2.12.0)
- Patch - 64 bit version loading problems on Photoshop CS4 64 (from v 2.12.0)
v 2.10.1 03-Mar-2010
v 2.10.0 02-Mar-2010
- Added version for 64-bit plugin hosts (Photoshop CS4-64 and compatibles).
v 2.9.0 13-Feb-2010
- Changed multi processor library from OpenMP to TBB. Performs better on loaded systems.
- Suppressed msi and exe installers.
v 2.8.2 12-Feb-2010
- Patch - NLM performance bug (from v 2.8.0).
- Patch - NLM algorithm.
v 2.8.1 10-Feb-2010
- Changed default colorspace to YCbCr.
- Set channel check/radio buttons description according to selected colorspace.
- Small internal changes in DCT and NLM processing.
v 2.8.0 02-Feb-2010
- Added support for 16 bit per channel images (preview still 8 bits)
- Selection mask applied in preview
- Reduced memory usage (5% ->)
v 2.7.1 25-Jan-2010
- Enabled textual input of values.
- Added ranges to tool tips.
- Added support for Vicman Photo Editor.
- Added support for Chasys Draw.
- Added some guards against buggy hosts (hostsProcs, copy alpha, copy on cancel, displayPixels)
- Patch - Tab order corrected.
- Patch - Changed configuration directory to standard place CSIDL_APPDATA. (stored parameters/user thresholds will be lost).
- Patch - Reading inexistent parameters from xml don't get default value.
- Patch - Blend outliers is not stored/applied in batch.
- Patch - Removed userenv.dll and version.dll dependencies.
v 2.7.0 13-Jan-2010
- Parameter storage moved from windows registry to xml file. (stored parameters/user thresholds will be lost).
- Added compatibility with windows 95/98/ME.
- Added validation when reading stored/script parameters.
- Patch - channel processing is not stored/applied in batch.
v 2.6.3 12-Jan-2010
- Patch - Added compatibility with Fireworks 2004 MX (with issue: always recalculate when OK pressed).
- Patch - Added compatibility with Xara X1.
v 2.6.2 07-Jan-2010
- Patch - Progress dialog should not be resizable
v 2.6.1 05-Jan-2010
- Patch. CWT always apply filter to all channels. (from v 2.5.3)
- Patch. Wavelets mode parameter not stored between calls. (from v 2.6.0)
v 2.6.0 04-Jan-2010
- Added support for Photoshop actions and batch operations
v 2.5.3 29-Dec-2009
- CWT Memory requirements -33%.
- CWT progress patch.
- Tested up to 4896 x 3264 image (Canon 16.1 MP). Previous versions was tested up to 4288 x 2848 (Nikon 12.3 MP)
v 2.5.2 11-Dec-2009
- GIMP patch - failures when using selection masks.
- Small change in CIELab conversion
v 2.5.1 23-Nov-2009
- Added CIELab color space
- NLM scale * 10 and smaller step, to give finer control
- Patch to enhanced NLM, sometimes give wrong pixels
- NLM tool tips
- Preview Patch 1 - Change to color space when showing only original and with a component selected don't refresh the preview
- Preview Patch 2 - Images smaller than preview window fails when using zoom
- Small reduction in CWT memory requirements
v 2.5.0 10-Nov-2009
- Removed tri-state median
- Merged gauss and bilateral
- Added enhanced NLM and conservative option
- Added blend outliers option
- Started work on tile processing
v 2.4.0 16-Oct-2009
- Added Center Weighted (CWM) and Tri-State (TSM) median filters.
- NLM processing time -4%
v 2.3.1 28-Aug-2009
- Preview button enable/disable
v 2.3.0 25-Aug-2009
- Added preview zoom
- Added view reset button
- Solved bug in spin controls (wrong value after arrow change)
- Solved bug in reset parameters (in scroll bars)
v 2.2.1 19-Aug-2009
- NLM processing time -20%
- DWT Q3 processing time -10% (Q2 -9%, Q1 -7%, CWT -3%)
- Processing times for 2848 x 4288 image = 12 MP (Q6660 4 cores 3,2 MHz)
|Method||MP Time sec|
v 2.2.0 13-Aug-2009
- NLM Processing time -45%
- DWT Added Bayes Shrink
v 2.1.2 30-Jul-2009
- Preview window synchronized with scrollbars
- NLM processing time -5%.
v 2.1.1 28-Jul-2009
- Added new option to get total processing time
- Solved bug in CWT soft threshold (blur too low)
- DCT Progress indicator changed to 1 step
v 2.1.0 27-Jul-2009
- Wavelets reworked, two versions DWT (overcomplete) and CWT (complex)
- DWT with quality 1 approximately equal to the previous method
- Added MP support to wavelets
- Changed parameter layout
- Added tool tips to parameters
v 2.0.2 15-Jul-2009
- Changed NLM max learn radius to 16
- Changed DCT max radius to 16
- Changed wavelet min threshold to 200
- Changed default YCbCr to yes
- Changed NLM default sigma to 2
- Small patch for MP in DCT
- Reworked samples and added some comments. Added twilight sample.
- Slightly reworked usage page
v 2.0.1 10-Jul-2009
- Solved bug in NLM (black-RGB or green-YCbCr points).
- Solved bug in progress bar.
- Changed version numbering.
v 2.00 25-Jun-2009
- First MP version (for multicore, multiprocessor or hyperthreads) All algorithms excluding Anisotropic diffusion which is already multiprocessing and wavelets.
- Changed installation method
v 1.91 23-Jun-2009
- Patch in reset parameters (wavelets)
v 1.90 22-Jun-2009
- NLM Enhancements (time -40%, memory -40%)
- Bilateral Enhancements (time -20%, memory -40%)
- DCT Enhancements (time -25%)
- Added Anisotropic progress information
v 1.80 14-Jun-2009
- Added progress indicator and process cancel
- Smaller memory requirements for wavelets
- Avoid recalculation on OK button when applicable
v 1.73 10-Jun-2009
- Memory management enhancements and patching
- Testing with PhotoPerfect/FixFoto 2.92
v 1.72 05-Jun-2009
- Change to make it work with Photobie
v 1.71 04-Jun-2009
v 1.70 02-Jun-2009
- Added soft threshold option to wavelet
- Changed wavelet transform
- DCT performance enhancement (-30% time)
- Changed UI, now preview becomes blank when a parameter is changed
v 1.60 29-May-2009
- Added channel view selection
- Added equalized noise preview
v 1.51 27-May-2009
- Patches in preview display
v 1.50 27-May-2009
- Added preview
- Catch memory allocation failures
- Dialog closing delayed to end of processing.
v 1.41 07-May-2009
- Solved bug in channel processing
v 1.40 07-May-2009
- Added Gauss method
- Added channel selection
v 1.32 23-April-2009
- Patched alpha channels process
v 1.31 23-April-2009
- Corrected valid image modes.
v 1.30 21-April-2009
v 1.20 20-April-2009
v 1.12 10-Mar-2009
- Solved registry bug in windows 2000/XP .
v 1.11 10-Mar-2009
- Enabled storing parameters in GIMP.
v 1.10 09-Mar-2009
- Parameters stored in windows registry instead of Photoshop registry.
v 1.01 24-Feb-2009
- Remove dependency from MSVCRT90
v 1.00 16-Feb-2009